Gentle Dental is now accepting NHS patients for Dental Treatment. Gentle Dental is located in Church Street Warrenpoint and serves the Newry, Newcastle and County Down areas. The surgery is within an hour’s drive of Belfast, Craigavon and Portadown.
NHS treatments provide patients with adequate care to treat dental disease and all patients are entitled to such treatments. These treatments receive 20% funding from the NHS.
You will need to bring the details that can be found on your medical card with you on your first visit to qualify for treatment under the NHS.
Health Service dental treatment is free for patients under 18 years of age, those aged 18-19 years and in full time education, expectant and nursing mothers, those receiving Income Support, Working Families Tax Credit, Pension Credit (guaranteed) or Income Based Job Seekers Allowance.
Some NHS patients are entitled to either full or partial exemption from charges. If you think you may qualify, please [ask us] contact form link for more details.
Some of the Treatments available for NHS patients include:
- examinations and assessments
- non-surgical treatment like scaling, polishing, periodontal (gum) treatments, marginal fillings and oral hygiene instruction
- surgical treatments like wisdom and other tooth removal
- root canal fillings
- other treatments like bridges, veneers, crowns, inlays, dentures and disease management
- referral to a dental hospital for specialist treatment